What to Expect
Our Financial Planning and Wealth Management Process
Your first meeting will be an opportunity for you to get to know us, and for us to get to know you. By the end of the meeting, we hope to accomplish the first two steps of our Five-Step Process:
1) Defining Your Goals
2) Evaluating Your Current Situation
3) Analyzing Your Needs
4) Recommending Strategies
5) Implementing and Monitoring
After meeting with us, most clients leave feeling more confident and informed.
The strategy and implementation phases of the Five-Step Process occur over several subsequent meetings, and the review and monitoring of your investments are ongoing after that.
Before your first meeting, you will need to do some research on what you want to do, when you want to do it, and how much it will cost. The more specific, the better. If you're having trouble, we’ll help you, but you can help us by bringing these documents to our first meeting:
- Your latest tax return*
- Your most recent paycheck stub
- Your statement from Social Security
- Information on any pension for which you are eligible
- Statements from your current investments (IRAs, 401k, etc.)
- Statements from your life insurance policies
- Wills or trust documents*
* LPL Financial does not provide tax or legal advice. LPL Financial Representatives offer access to Trust Services through The Private Trust Company N.A., an affiliate of LPL Financial.